From CSA members Linda & Dave
Mushroom and Leek Pie
Pastry for a 9-in. single crust pie
12 oz. fresh mushrooms, any combination
3 TB butter, divided
1 medium leek, white and light green portions halved and sliced
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
3 TB heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 375. Place piecrust in pan; trim; flute; refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Wipe mushrooms; trim stems; quarter or slice large mushrooms.
- In a large skillet, heat 1TB butter over medium-high heat. Add leek; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook 4-6 minutes until tender and the liquid has evaporated. Stir in leek, salt, and pepper. Cool slightly.
- Sprinkle ½ cup cheese onto bottom of pastry-lined pie plate. Top with mushroom mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and cream until blended; pour over top.
- Bake on a lower oven rack 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.