I'm so proud and grateful for this share. Working in the cold, rain, and SNOW is not easy. EverGreen Farm Workshares are the best!
In your share this week:
- Walla Walla Onions
- Salad Mix!
- Basil - last of the season
- Camomile - last of the season
- Bronze Fennel Fern - last of the season
- Tuscan "Dino" Kale
- Italian Parsley - last of the season
- Golden Beets
Items rotating to CSA members from week to week:
- Head Cabbage
- Broccoli - last of the season. Everyone got only 1 share of broccoli this year. This crop was hit very heavily with bugs and then grew very slowly with the cold. The small heads that remain are full of caterpillars and probably won't fair well with the coming 20 degree nights.
2 weeks remain. Our last CSA delivery will be on Wednesday, October 19th. We are planning of harvesting two more large shares! As much food as we can possibly prepare with as much help as I can gather, and as much as the weather will cooperate. If you have any time to spare in the coming weeks, consider coming to help us on the farm. All hands on deck for a grand finale!
We actually still have a lot of food remaining at the time that I'm typing this up. The 23 degree forecasts for the next few nights are concerning. It will be interesting to see what remains after that. It won't be for lack of effort. We'll have everything covered and hope for the best. It's hard to start "giving up" on crops, declaring them a loss and taking their assigned row cover to triple up on another row of crops to give it a better chance of survival. But that's reality.
Have a great week and ENJOY your veggies!